Chicken Herb Recipes – One Step Towards Achieving Real and Honest Health
What exactly do I mean by “real and honest health?” Real and honest health, is health that is achieved by eating and living in a natural and satisfying way. Diets all to often are, in effect, asking us to be dishonest with our bodies, by fooling or tricking them with chemicals, medications, unnatural eating, or severe deprivation.
These kind of diets promote confusion for our bodies and unhappiness for us.
This recipe, as well as our previous recipes are from a list of my easy to prepare favorites that I serve regularly.
Meal #3 in My Chicken Herb Recipes Series – Herb and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- Six chicken thighs (well rinsed, boneless and skin removed)
- Five of your favorite variety of mushrooms (finely minced)
- Five black olives with pits removed
- One quarter cup of feta cheese
- One eighth of a cup of extra virgin olive oil (for a change, sesame oil is great too)
- One tablespoon of dried oregano or three tablespoons of fresh oregano (* dry herbs conversion: when you want to use fresh herbs, but the recipe only mentions dry herbs, remember this: 1 teaspoon of dry herbs equals 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs)
- One tablespoon of dry thyme (or three tablespoon of fresh thyme)
- One tablespoon of curry power
- One tablespoon of ground black pepper
- One teaspoon of cayenne pepper – optional. (for those of you, like me, that like spicy food!)
- One finely minced fresh garlic clove
- One cup of finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- Mix your olive oil, oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, curry powder and garlic in a medium sized bowl until the herbs and spices are saturated
- Pour oil, herbs and spice mixture into a ceramic or glass baking dish. With a spatula evenly distribute herbs and oil mixture around the base of the baking dish
- Taking each chicken thigh, unroll it so it is flat and pull it through the oil, herbs and spice mixture in the baking dish making sure to coat both sides of each thigh. Arrange chicken thighs keeping them flat in the baking dish
- Stuffing: Mix and toss thoroughly the spinach, crumbled feta cheese, black olives and mushrooms in a bowl
- Place stuffing mix, a handful at a time, and place a generous amount on each of the chicken thighs
- Roll each thigh around the stuffing. Using tooth picks or butcher’s twine, hold the thighs closed around stuffing
- Place in a 375 degree oven and bake for 30 or 40 minutes. (For all my chicken herb recipes I recommend a meat thermometer.
- Cook until chicken reaches 185 degrees Fahrenheit)
Side Dish Suggestions for Chicken Herb Recipes
This recipe is delicious served with whole grain rice and a fresh garden salad or you can find another recipe in Resepkubunda.com.I will soon be adding a salmon herb recipe (or two) that I think you will enjoy. Salmon, natural oils, herbs and many more foods, I am choosing for very specific reasons. I will discuss their quite amazing roles in your new healthy life, in future articles.(LDA)